hi! i’m a black programmer, and today i’ll officially have been homeless for a year.
the p.lice did an investigation at my school that resulted in them outing me to my family because i was out at school but not at home. i attempted suicide, because i spent so much energy making sure my parents thought i was cis, and i knew they would send me to conversion therapy or disown me. my family cut me off for being trans after i left the hospital. i’ve lived in an LGBT shelter for a year now.
I usually live on my school campus but I have to move back into the shelter for the summer, which is a really, really painful transition. it’s impossible to study for finals because I’m just thinking about living in the shelter again
i stay at an LGBT shelter but there’s a lot that my shelter doesn’t provide for its clients:
- storage – this is my main issue. I have three suitcases of stuff but I’m only allowed to keep a single suitcase at the shelter. i’ve already thrown away 99.9% of my belongings because i have no storage
- summer clothing – i only have thick, long sleeved clothing
- food – they don’t accommodate about my dietary restrictions, but residents aren’t allowed to cook or use knives so idk what would help
- good deodorant, toothpaste. theirs is very strange and ineffective, like i still smell bad after using the deodorant and it doesn’t do anything
to help me, you can
- reblog this post! if you can’t help, maybe someone who can will see it on your blog!
- use this delivery.com referral code (food delivery app)
- you can use this instead of UberEats or Seamless!
- you get $7 for signing up with this code
- use this discount app Ibotta referral code “rgtmdkr”
- this app gives u coupons for stuff at the grocery store
- you get $10 for signing up with this code
- use my Square Cash referral code JWNRJCD (money sending app)
- donate directly at cash.me/$nearzero (if u do this THANK YOU!)
- even just trying the self-care/therapy app i made helps me a lot!
- it’s a machine learning algorithm so the more people that use it, the better it gets ❤️
thank you! if you can’t do any of these things, please reblog!